Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Second Visit to the Pebble Terraces

This was an absolutely awesome trip. We found a lot of good stuff. Yeah, we really did! I'm going to definitely go back through my posts and photograph the finds. Or I will lose track of where I found them. I was really getting tired of pooping out and then not finding a thing. Now my spirits are lifted again. I'm sure that is the way it is or was for a lot of rockhounds.

Here's a panorama shot of the pebble terrace.

We walked up a couple of stream beds, looking, and looking, and looking!

Up and up we climbed.

But the way was usually smooth.

And it was nice to rest in the shade!

This is the end of the line for one of them.

Here's a shot for a color study of the pebble terraces. I feel an afghan coming on.

It was hard to say goodbye to this enchanted place.

But see, civilization was very close by.

This is the spot we will return to and carry on our explorations.

And nature gave us a beautiful show all along the Arizona Highway 1.

Off to Catfish Paradise to park in the shade and eat our goodies.

Happy Rockhounding!

No comments: