Thursday, November 03, 2005

Trip Two: Needles Gem & Mineral Club

Four-wheeling past Eagle Peak, through Eagle Pass, to the foothills west of the Sacramento Mountains. Gaby got invited to go and she had a blast. She got along real good with the other dogs, made good friends; but was a little off with the humans. Oh, well, that's my Gaby. Sally took this picture of the gang. I have a lot more to post, but I am bushed. cul

Here is a picture of the menfolk. I believe the interesting sight was either a girl or an airplane.

Here are a couple of shady ladies.

Here come my photos.

Eagle Peak

I made these a bit like the old-fashioned photos. The next one is a panorama because the peak is so massive. Very cool place. Gaby and I are going to try the Eagle Pass Rd. out of Needles again to see if we can get this far on the quarry road.


Sally has a way better camera. My little one makes everything look green if there is any green in the photo. Oh, well, I am having fun.

This is the pit and the old fence post where I found the blue rocks.

Pretty place.


Panorama shots are fun to put together. Needles backcountry.

I have one more panorama shot that's kind of cool. And Sally emailed some nice shots, too. Then I have to redo some shots of the rocks and make photos of the new batch. Yikes, I will be blogging all day. Boy, howdy!


See how vast Eagle Peak is. Sally shots are great!

The sun was in our eyes all day.


I really like how this panorama shot turned out. I think I've got it.


Gaby and Maty ride along! Big thanks, Sally. The End

Jasper
http://www.mindat.org/min-2082.html
Inspiration for jasper jewelry
http://www.bernardine.com/jasper-jewelry.htm

I need to know if I can use my little dremel to make small pieces. Hmmmm??????

I'm going to see what supplies I can get at Walmart. I might even think about spinning some thread to use. Double Hmmmmm??????

No comments: