Friday, August 12, 2005

Eagle Pass Road

I was looking at the topo maps again and discovered a road going right to Eagle Pass and Eagle Peak. When I traced them back to town, I realized the road was Eagle Pass Road and I had even been on it the first day BJ, Gaby, Shed and I moved here. DUH!

Gaby and I are going to check it out tonight.

We never made it. Big thunderstorm went through, this time with hale. Shut down the computer at the first thunder heard. As always, the power was out, for hours this time. It turns out they shut the power off, in order to prevent damage by lightning to the whole system. I read about it in the newspaper.

I check the weather forecast every morning and evening to try to set up the trips. Looks like Sunday will be good for the Oatman run. Lots to explore near there, too. Monday is going to be pretty nice, so we will try to walk aways into the Pintail Slough route. Maybe we'll try Eagle Pass Road tonight, but thunderstorms are predicted again.

Going to a talk this afternoon at the Library on the environment by someone from UC Extension.

Also need to check out where the Japanese internment camp was and their relation to the Native Americans here. Need to start reading about local history in the Local History Room at the Library. This is a very interesting place.

No comments: