Sunday, September 11, 2005

The rest of the pictures from the marsh.

We definitely have to explore here some more. Very interesting place. I would like to take the right turn in the trail next time, although that is away from the marsh. Maybe the hunters are gone now.

This is the trail we were on. To the left is the little bridge we crossed to take the trail along the marsh.



We could hear the motors of the boats, but we really couldn't see the marsh. This is where the fishermen were in their little boat. The boat launch is just back a piece and there is plenty of parking.

This was my first look at the fishermen. I took another shot of them, too. Don't know which one I like best.



















See, we are getting farther and farther away from the Needles. I love the network of lines at the bottom right.


I was glad to come upon these fishermen. I might use this one with just the one guy in silhouette. I like the way the branches are sheltering him or echoing the way he may have cast out his line. Maybe he is frozen in time and the branches become the dynamic elements in the picture.


I like that this one has a little humanity in silhouette and just the marsh water flowing on.


I love the way the reeds sweep across the picture. Nice idea for catching the essence of the wind. This is the closest we got to the marsh from North Dike road. Nearly fell off the bank to get this shot. There was a big hole dug in this spot, coyotes' den (?). I wanted to take a picture of it, too, but Gaby said we had to go and drug me back to the road.

No comments: