Saturday, September 15, 2007

Can You Believe How Long It Has Been?

Yes, it has! Gaby and I have been stuck inside for ages and still no real let up in sight. There is always a forecast of cooler nights and mornings but it never happens. Gaby really suffers riding around, even with the air conditioner on in the truck. So we are waiting for some cooler mornings for little trips.

Been listening to Bob Moore's Route 66 Show on Bounce Radio on Friday evenings at 5 pm. (I'm going to add the radio button on the side bar.) So now we are anxious to start becoming Roadies-in-Training. We have some short trips planned to trace what we can find of Route 66 near and through Needles.

Also I mentioned to Hwyrovr, that's Bob Moore, how much I liked Robert Waldmire's art and he gave me a whole collection of his postcards. How cool! Thank you Bob! That got me thinking how I could memoralize my own trips on Route 66. That's how the idea was born for "Hidden Places Along Route 66" using the art techniques I learned in school and no work bigger than 4" x 6"! That last part is because of the social security budget and no art store in sight!

I'm knitting a bunch of scarves, see Finished It! I hope to have a little booth at the Needles Olde Fashioned Christmas Parade.

Note to Me: When we explore between Oatman and Kingman on Seligman Pass, I think, look for Ed's Camp and a rare Swirl Cactus as per Hwyrovr. This is also where fire agate is found.

No comments: