Thursday, July 28, 2005

Planning Trip Two


Waiting for another cool morning. Going to park at the North Dike Fishing Area and take the service road on foot to the Pintail Slough Management Unit. Should see some fields at the north end for grains for the migrating birds. This will be fun. Best I could do with the map. See the P at the top of the map. I'm thinking for some of these walks I will go on a weekday morning when the refuge trucks and law enforcement are around. I think I got that right. I'll ask, if I see anyone official. Had a nice dip in the temperature coming around Sat. or Sun., but that has disappeared now from the forecast. Drat. Thunderstorms predicted all week, but not big enough to cool things down, I guess. May stay in the truck and check out the location of the maze instead. I like to go ahead of time in the truck to see where to park and get a feel for the place. Gaby and I could always go on around and get our photo of the Topock Gorge Marina, too.

For our third trip, I am planning to go in at the Refuge Farm to Glory Hole, at least, until it is cooler. They say that is about a mile and a half. See the Watertower along the river.

No comments: